At Batson’s Gutter Systems, we often get asked by our customers in the Wilmington, North Carolina area about the benefits of seamless gutters. Since seamless gutters can be used for both residential and commercial properties, we thought it would be helpful to outline why you should consider them over standard gutters.
- Seams are a weak point- You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. With gutters, the seams are the “weakest link.” Seamless gutters only have seams to go around corners and to connect to downspouts, so there is less chance of them coming apart.
- Seams are gathering points- As water cascades down the gutters on its trek toward the downspout, any roof granules, leaves, and other debris can get caught up wherever there is a seam. Seamless gutters do not accumulate debris as easily so you’ll have less of a threat of clogging.
- Less enticing to rodents and birds- It might seem strange, but critters find seamless gutters less attractive for building nests in. This may be because there is less debris already present than there can be in gutters with seams.
- Aesthetically pleasing- Seamless gutters are more appealing overall as they tend to more easily blend in with the roof line or eaves. There are also many different styles and colors that you can match your home’s architecture more easily.
- Standard gutters are frustrating to install- Seamless gutters are made to fit, taking away the frustration of getting several pieces to fit together properly.
- Fewer leaks- As seams wear out, leaks begin, so it is easy to see that seamless gutters will have fewer areas where a leak could develop.